- 27 March 2016
- 0 comments
CPD Event – 8th-10th, 12th-14th October 2015 – HANEN Training Course – It Takes Two to Talk
Speaker: Ms Natalie Faulkes
Ms Faulkes is an experienced Speech Language Therapist working with children aged 1-19 since 2003. She has experience working with a range of communication difficulties such as language delay/disorder, social communication difficulties, speech sound difficulties, Dyspraxia and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Ms Faulkes has a particular interest in working with children with additional needs and high functioning autism. Ms Faulkes works for The HANEN Centre and visited Malta to carry out training for local SLPs on HANEN’s It Takes Two to Talk program.
The It Takes Two to Talk Program is designed specifically for parents of young children (birth to 5 years of age) who have been identified as having a language delay. In a small, personalized group setting, parents learn practical strategies to help their children learn language naturally throughout their day together.
The It Takes Two to Talk Program teaches you, step-by-step, how to become your child’s most important language teacher. The program shows you how to:
- Recognize your child’s stage and style of communication so that you know which steps to take next
- Identify what motivates your child to interact with you so you’ll know how to get conversations started
- Adjust everyday routines to help your child take turns and keep interactions going
- Follow your child’s lead to build his confidence and encourage him to communicate
- Add language to interactions with your child to help him understand language and then use it when he is ready
- Tweak the way you play and read books with your child to help him learn language
- Change the way you speak to your child so that he’ll understand and learn new words.
Click here to view PDF (opens in a new tab)